There is a lot of work to be done in the garden before the plant and bulb orders arrive. I have already dug the two bushes that I don't want in the garden. They will be replaced by plants like maybe peonies and iris.
Last week, I dug a Forsythia bush which took me a while since it is at least half a century old. Today, I dug this Spirea bush. I did not have that much difficulty digging it because its roots are shallow.
Yesterday, I cut down the old stems of this lilac bush. Its stems are overcrowded and crisscrossing at the base so this is what I did. I wish I took a before photo so you can see the difference.
I am not really good at using a chainsaw but I got the job done the way I wanted it.
My next project is digging out the daylilies around this stump. I used them to hide the stump so it is not visible from the sidewalk. We have already contacted a contractor to grind it out this fall. Since it is in the middle of the garden, I could use the space to grow maybe a Japanese maple tree or an evergreen tree.
This is how it look like when Kwanso blooms with Silk Road. They clashed.
I love this oldie but goodie daylily. It will grace some other spot in the garden.